Advertising Disclosure: In order to to provide you with free content we may earn a commission when you click or make a purchase using this website.
1. Gift Card Stores - Purchase a discounted gift card from such sites as Carpool.com, where you can score a valid gift card at a fraction of its value. Then take the gift over to Amtrak to score additional savings of up to 20%.
2. Cash Back - Receive instant cash back from 1-10% from each purchase. Sign up for a free account on a cash back site such as Guru to score additional savings on all purchases from Amtrak.
3. Price-drop Refund - When you’ve purchased an item at full price, then the price drops the next day, reach out to Amtrak directly for a refund. In addition, some credit cards will also offer you price protection.
4. Sign Up for Newsletters - Amtrak will consistently send over weekly promo codes for additional savings. Make sure you’re signed up for the newsletter and check your spam folder just in case.
5. Have Patience - You’d be surprised how many times once you leave checkout - Amtrak will send you a coupon code to entice you to complete your purchase. Once you receive your coupon code, go back and then complete your order.