Advertising Disclosure: In order to to provide you with free content we may earn a commission when you click or make a purchase using this website.
1. Gift Card Stores - Purchase a discounted gift card from such sites as Carpool.com, where you can score a valid gift card at a fraction of its value. Then take the gift over to Amtrak to score additional savings of up to 20%.
2. Have Patience - You’d be surprised how many times once you leave checkout - Amtrak will send you a coupon code to entice you to complete your purchase. Once you receive your coupon code, go back and then complete your order.
3. Student & Military Discounts- Amtrak often offers some type of savings for students and military professionals, either email their customer service department or search for the “Education” section.
4. Stackable Coupons - Check for Amtrak stackable coupons, which means you can use multiple coupons on one order. For example, a free shipping coupon and a site wide 10% off coupon can offer the best savings.
5. Cash Back - Receive instant cash back from 1-10% from each purchase. Sign up for a free account on a cash back site such as Guru to score additional savings on all purchases from Amtrak.